Financial Aid Policy
The Financial Aid Committee oversees the appropriation of financial aid funds according to policy, procedures and criteria established by the committee.
The Financial Aid Committee will give priority to grant requests for returning students to protect students from the ordeal of having to leave school before graduation. Grant requests may be adjusted in accordance with changes in the family’s financial situation. Priority will be given to siblings of returning students. The Financial Aid Committee does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin.
To be eligible for a tuition grant, a family must meet the following criteria:
- Financial Need: Financial need is demonstrated through disclosure of current income and projected earnings in a timely manner in accordance with the application process. All applications are considered by the Tuition Grant Committee.
- Application: Families may apply for financial aid anytime after February 15. Applications are accessed online at https://smartaidforparents.com. Use the school code for Norfolk Christian Schools (#14223) when completing your application.
- Grade Eligibility: The family must have at least one child-enrolled full time at NCS.
- Enrollment Fee: Should the family judge the offered financial aid to be insufficient, resulting in that family not enrolling the student said family will be refunded their enrollment fee.
- Responsibility: Families should notify NCS within ten days of their financial aid notification of their acceptance or rejection of the award and/or the consequential withdrawal of their student for lack of a grant award.
NCS Mission Statement
It is the mission of Norfolk Christian Schools to equip students spiritually, intellectually, and physically to love God and to serve Him as Christ’s ambassadors in the world.