It is the mission of Norfolk Christian Schools to equip students spiritually, intellectually, and physically to love God and to serve Him as Christ’s ambassadors in the world.
Admissions Criteria for Norfolk Christian Schools
Norfolk Christian is honored to enroll students whose families are committed to partnering in a Biblically-centered education. Admission is selective and based on prior academic performance, work ethic, testing, demonstrated Christian character and a clear desire to attend NCS.
* At least one parent must be a professing believer in Jesus
Christ, provide a written testimony of his or her relationship with Him and be committed to a
lifestyle in agreement with our Statement of Faith.
* Pastoral references should attest to the regular attendance and commitment of at least one parent in a local church that teaches in agreement with our Statement of Faith.
* Applicant transcripts and testing should show at least average
understanding of grade level material and a clear desire to work to the best of their abilities.
* Teacher evaluations should show that applicants can succeed independently in a traditional classroom setting.
* Applicants should have a behavioral record that indicates a willingness to respect authority.
* Teacher recommendations should testify to a student’s willingness to exhibit Godly character and have a positive influence on the classroom environment.
* Students and parents must be in good standing with previous schools and must not have exhibited behavior that was disruptive to the school community.
* Need-based financial aid is available each school year. Aid is not available for preschool or part-time students and is distributed to current families first.
* Families coming from another private school must be in good financial standing and have fulfilled their obligations before applying. A letter on school letterhead may be requested.