Welcome to Norfolk Christian! We're So Glad You Came.
We’d love to show you why we’re one of the most respected Christian schools in the country. Isn’t it time to see Norfolk Christian for yourself? There’s never been a better time to be an Ambassador!
What is an Ambassador?
II Corinthians 5:20
“We are therefore Christ’s Ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf; be reconciled to God.”
This verse was the foundation on which John Dunlap and Gene Garrick launched Norfolk Christian Schools in 1952. Its students were proudly and prayerfully called Ambassadors. The Greek and Hebrew definitions of the word Ambassador mean “one who represents” and “messenger.” In shaping Ambassadors at Norfolk Christian, we are preparing young men and women in every way – spiritually, intellectually and physically – to be representatives of Christ in the world.
Norfolk Christian considers students and families for admission who are committed to partnering in a Biblically-centered education. Admission is selective and based on prior academic performance, work ethic, testing, demonstrated Christian character and a clear desire to attend NCS.
- At least one parent must be a professing believer in Jesus Christ, provide a written testimony of his or her relationship with Him and be committed to a lifestyle in agreement with our Statement of Faith.
- Active Community Involvement forms should attest to the regular attendance and commitment of at least one parent in a local church that teaches in agreement with our Statement of Faith.
- Applicant transcripts and testing should show at least average understanding of grade level material and a clear desire to work to the best of their abilities.
- Teacher evaluations should show that applicants can succeed independently in a traditional classroom setting.
- Applicants should have a behavioral record that indicates a willingness to respect authority.
- Teacher recommendations should testify to a student’s willingness to exhibit Godly character and have a positive influence on the classroom environment.
- Students and parents must be in good standing with previous schools and must not have exhibited behavior that was disruptive to the school community.
- Families coming from another private school must be in good financial standing and have fulfilled their obligations before applying. A letter on school letterhead may be requested.
Are You an Ambassador?
Visit Us and See Why Thousands of Students Have Said “Yes!”
Norfolk Christian Schools - Upper School
Norfolk, VA 23505
Norfolk Christian Schools - Lower School Norfolk Campus
Norfolk, VA 23505