The foundation of our Admissions process is building a relationship with each family, which starts even before you walk in our doors for the first time. Let us help you get to know us while we show you all that makes Norfolk Christian one of the premier Christian schools in the country.
Norfolk Christian considers students and families for admission who are committed to partnering in a Biblically-centered education. Admission is selective and based on prior academic performance, work ethic, testing, demonstrated Christian character and a clear desire to attend NCS.
Our expectations are high. We think yours should be too.
- At least one parent must be a professing believer in Jesus Christ, provide a written testimony of his or her relationship with Him and be committed to a lifestyle in agreement with our Statement of Faith.
- Pastoral references should attest to the regular attendance and commitment of at least one parent in a local church that teaches in agreement with our Statement of Faith.
- Applicant transcripts and testing should show at least average understanding of grade level material and a clear desire to work to the best of their abilities.
- Teacher evaluations should show that applicants can succeed independently in a traditional classroom setting.
- Applicants should have a behavioral record that indicates a willingness to respect authority.
- Teacher recommendations should testify to a student’s willingness to exhibit Godly character and have a positive influence on the classroom environment.
- Students and parents must be in good standing with previous schools and must not have exhibited behavior that was disruptive to the school community.
- Families coming from another private school must be in good financial standing and have fulfilled their obligations before applying. A letter on school letterhead may be requested.
Norfolk Christian Schools admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the School. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other school- administered programs.